Yesterday we had a few ripe bananas in our fruit bowl that I didn’t want to go to waste. Given that Thanksgiving is a few days away I decided to get creative and make pumpkin banana bread. Not only was the bread easy to make, but it was delicious too!
For this reason I obviously need to share the recipe because it’s just too good to keep to myself. The best part is you can tailor it to your liking! Get ready because this will be your new go to pumpkin bread recipe.
Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 2 to 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 9″x 5″ loaf pan (if not non-stick).
- In large bowl combine and mix butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder until smooth.
- Add bananas, pumpkin, honey and eggs. Continue to mix until smooth.
- Next add the flour, walnuts and chocolate chips. Keep mixing until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth.
- Once mixing is complete add batter to the load pan.
- Bake the bread for 45 minutes uncovered. When 45 minutes is up place a piece of aluminum foil on top of bread and back for an additional 20 minutes.
- Lastly remove bread from oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
Also, just simply exclude the pumpkin to make regular banana bread in the future!
Now it’s time to indulge in this yummy bread, however, take it from me once you have one piece it’s hard to stop eating!
Looking for an appetizer to feed a crowd on Thanksgiving? Check out our ultimate fall charcuterie board!