I love entertaining! We all know that it can get quite hectic around the holidays therefore I like to make a list of easy holiday appetizer ideas that can be made in advance when we’re planning on entertaining or going to a party.
If you missed it, I shared some of my family’s Christmas Eve recipes earlier this week!
This year we’re getting extra creative in the kitchen and trying some new noteworthy easy holiday appetizer ideas that will definitely satisfy all the foodies coming over!
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER, PIN IT NOW:
I’ve rounded up my top five favorite easy holiday appetizer ideas for you to try out this holiday season.
1. First, arrange two packs of rosemary in a circle around the outer edge of your platter.
2. Next layer sliced soppressata or uncured salame de Parma over rosemary.
3. Cube three of your favorite cheeses and layer over your sliced meat.
4. Optional, scatter a few kalamata olives over your cheese.
5. Finally, refrigerate until ready to serve.
Ornament Veggie Platter
1. Arrange baby carrots on the top and bottom of your round platter.
2. Create second layer with a cut up broccoli crown.
3. Your next layer can consist of red peppers or cherry tomatoes.
4. Peel and slice a cucumber as your final and center layer.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Roasted Cranberry & Goat Cheese Flatbread
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, 3 tbls pure maple syrup, 1 tbls chopped shallot, 1/2 tsp chopped dry thyme and 1/4 tsp salt in 8×8 baking dish. Mix well.
3. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove from oven once bubbly and cranberries have started to burst open.
4. Place cranberry spread on top of flatbread. Sprinkle goat cheese over the cranberry layer.5. Bake for 15 minutes. Cut and serve immediately.
Fresh Basil, Tomato & Mozzarella Skewers
1. Add a cherry tomato to skewer.
2. Next layer half of a basil leaf onto skewer.
3. Then add your mozzarella ball.
4. Add a second cherry tomato.
5. Optional, drizzle with balsamic reduction or pesto sauce.6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Shrimp Wonton & Rolls
Okay, obviously we didn’t make these homemade, but I think it’s always good to have one fried appetizer thrown into the mix! Trader Joe’s is my favorite place to grocery shop and that’s where I picked these up. Any local grocery store will have something comparable.
I hope you enjoy these easy holiday appetizers! Please share your thoughts after you have one or ALL of them!